Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching and it is a very special occasion for the most important lady in your life. Treat her to something extra special this year!
Over the years we have taken mother’s, their families and friends on all kinds of Mother’s Day outings and adventures with our private limousine transportation service.
We want to share our top Vancouver mother’s day gift ideas.
The last thing she probably needs is more stuff. The best gift is more time with her family and friends anyways doing something fun and having new experiences.
Top Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
A Day at the Spa
Your mother is going to love a day at the spa. Take her there on Mother’s Day or a close time that works best for her. There are treatments and packages that can suit every budget. Invite her friends too. Many Vancouver spas include snacks, lunch and best of all wine! There are gift certificates available if you can’t decide. Always book a spa appointment first over the phone, online or in person. Make sure you tell them it’s for mom. They might even have a special offer.
- Spa Utopia at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel offers everything from facials to advanced therapeutic massages and is one of the city’s most reputable spas. There are Spa Utopia locations throughout Vancouver and the North Shore.
- For a more exotic experience, take mom to Miraj Hamman Spa, 1495 West 6th Avenue at Granville, where she can indulge in traditional Middle Eastern treatments.
- Absolute Spa Group at the Century Plaza Hotel also offers top-of-the-line treatments. The spa of choice for celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lopez, Absolute Spa Group will leave you and your mom feeling like stars.
- A Thai massage is always a very nice and relaxing experience too. If mom has never had a Thai massage its definitely time. Check out the Sabai Thai massage locations throughout Metro Vancouver.
A trip to any of these botanical gardens will be a big hit on Mother’s Day. These are wonderful, inspiring places where you can take your time, enjoy each others company, relax and rejuvenate.
There are three main gardens in Stanley Park:
- The Ted and Mary Greig Rhododendron Garden is at its peak during the first two weeks of May. It’s fantastic throughout the year. Something new is always in bloom.
- The Stanley Park Rose Garden, has over 3,500 rose bushes, as well as a stylish west coast-inspired arbour supporting a combination of climbing roses and clematis. There is a plethora of floral display beds that provide seasonal spectacles of colour with annuals and perennials from June to October and flowering bulbs from March to May.
- Shakespeare Garden is nestled between the Rose Garden and the forest in Stanley Park. The Shakespeare garden is a diverse arboretum that includes trees mentioned in the bard’s many plays and poems.
Queen Elizabeth Park is another great botanical experience, perfect for a spring stroll and totally free.
Of course the best flowers and plant displays in Vancouver are at VanDusen Botanical Garden. For Mother’s Day expect cheerful rhododendrons, stunning magnolias, delicate cherry blossoms and bloom-full camellias just to mention a few… Truly stunning, mom will love it!
Spend the day at one of Vancouver’s many local art galleries. The Vancouver Art Gallery located at 750 Hornby Street always has new exhibits. Check their schedule online to see if it’s something that your mom will be interested in.
For a variety of vibrant local art have a stroll along Gallery Row in the South Granville district. There are many art galleries and antique dealers that will dazzle you with their rare and beautiful treasures, local and international paintings, sculpture and jewelry.
See is going to love an evening out with you that might include a new movie. Check the papers and online to see if there is something playing that she might be interested in.
Visit our dinner night out limo services page for links to many of the cities best restaurants. We suggest taking her somewhere new. Have a private sedan or limousine waiting to take you home at the end of the night to cap off the perfect Mother’s Day.
If you mom loves the theatre, check out the Arts Club Theatre at the Stanley Alliance Industrial Stage. There’s a matinee on Sunday, May 10 at 2 p.m. and tickets are very reasonable priced.
So much to see and do in the days and evenings. There are many art galleries, unique stores, art galleries, parks, live theatre and many great restaurants and bars. You can never go wrong with a stroll through Granville Island.
Wine Tasting / Winery Tour
You don’t have to go all the way to Kelowna. Some of country’s best wineries are right at Vancouver’s doorstep in South Surrey, Langley and the Fraser Valley. There have never been so many good options to choose from. Ritz offers private wine tour limo services.
- Let us suggest Backyard Vineyards in Langley. It has picturesque vineyards that you can spend the day strolling through. Take a tour of the facilities, beautiful vineyards and then sip the day away with Mom. The rates are so cheap. $5 per person gets a tour of the winery, vineyard, wine-making facilities, and the barrel room. The wine tasting room has several options. It is recommended to make a reservation before visiting. Mom even gets a complimentary wine / mimosa on Mother’s day.
- Township 7 Vineyards and Winery is another favourite Langley winery. At Township 7 you can treat mom to a tour, lunch, live music, and a wine tasting at this lovely south Langley winery from noon to 4 pm on Mother’s Day. Township 7 is open most days and reservations are recommended before going all that way with your mom.
Ritz Limousines wants to help make this the best Mother’s Day possible. Our private limousine and transportation services are available for all special occasions such as Mother’s Day. With a Vancouver limo service you can get to all your Mother’s Day events in comfort and style. You can also enjoy a few beverages without having to worry about driving. Book your Mother’s Day limo service early while space is still available.